DataGravity will help you see your data differently

DataGravity has one mission that our entire team is working hard on right now, that is turning your data into information.  The world of data that we all consumed comes in many forms but fall into two different categories; structured and unstructured.  The world of structured data is very business friendly.  It makes logical sense, has a well defined schema, and there are a bounty of tools that can help you massage, visualize, and manipulate this data to get business value and actionable information.  The problem today this accounts for only 20% of stored information.  That remaining 80% falls into the world of unstructured data and contains just as much rich business value, but extracting that information is more complicated and typically out of reach of the small and mid-tier enterprise.

Think about all the data you see in unstructured forms today. Social media feeds like Twitter and Facebook, e-mail, blogs, the vast amounts of Office documents (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) we all create, and then throw in your favorite collection of photos, videos, and audio sources and you are quickly swimming in a pool of unstructured data.  This is the Big Data problem that is all the buzz. Sure there are some complex, high end solutions that help large companies get their hands around this type of data, but it is costly and requires special skills to extract the information many are missing out on today.

DataGravity is hard at work bringing a new, innovative, and simple way to give all companies small and large the ability to access the wealth of information in this unstructured data.  Take for example this blog.  We have made a few posts since the launch of our new website.  There is a vast amount of public information about our company, mission, and approach contained here already.  You can read each post and glean this information, it will take you about 20 minutes or you can use powerful analytics with visualization to quickly get the gist of what is being shared.  The word cloud at the top of this post does just that.  You can quickly understand we are proud of DataGravity, that we have secured some funding, our newest venture capital partner is Andreeseen Horowitz, and our unique way of extracting information from data and funding has generated a lot of news lately.

I know the follow-up question will be is just how are we doing it… Some of the magic can’t be shared just yet, but we will continue to share what we can here through this blog, our social media outlets, and press releases.  So stay tuned for more of our exciting story.

  Like This

David Siles

David is Chief Technology Officer for DataGravity. Prior to becoming CTO, David served as vice president of worldwide field operations at DataGravity. Previously, he was a member of the senior leadership team at Veeam Software. He also served as CTO and VP of professional services for systems integrator Hipskind TSG. A graduate of DeVry University, he is a frequent speaker at top tier technology shows and a recognized expert in virtualization.